Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Q1 How do I register?
Go to How to use
- Q2 What identification do I need to give?
Use your smart phone or go on to the Clamp-IT website in How to use
- Q3 Can I register on my mobile, laptop or iPad?
Yes, please follow instructions in How to use
- Q4 How much does it cost to hire one of the units?
It costs nothing. These units are free to the user.
- Q5 How do I find a stand to rent?
When you Log in, the locations that you can use in your community are listed for you to choose one to hire.
- Q6 What does a red LED mean?
A red LED means that the unit is out of order and will be repaired shortly.
- Q7 And a blue one?
A blue LED means that the unit is available for use as set out in How to use
- Q8 Are all stands without a bike locked to them available for use?
No, sometimes units are out of order, as set out in Q6 above,
- Q9 If I have registered, why can’t I access a docking stand?
Only those individuals that are invited to join by the Systems Administrator can use the system. The Systems Administrator therefore has control over those that are given access. If access has been denied, check wit the Systems Administrator.
- Q10 If my registration has been approved, why can I still not access a docking stand?
You might check that the mobile you are using has the same details on it that you used when first completing your registration. Alternatively you might check that your log in details are correct.
- Q11 What do I do if the chain does not go around my saddle post and rear wheel?
We regret that we will not be able to offer you the service that we intended. Please use the Contact us section so that we can try and make adjustments to our unit to fit your bike in future.
- Q12 How am I supposed to shut the drawbridge on the chain?
Once the chain has been placed on the hook, push down the drawbridge until you hear a ‘click’. In line with How to use, the chain will then be securely locked. Try and pull the chain and see? If the chain has not been properly hooked on to the chain, the drawbridge will not be allowed to lock.
- Q13 How do I know that the shutter is shut properly?
Check that the LED has turned to green in line with the instructions in How to use. Alternatively check on My Dashboard, where a locked unit can be clearly seen.
- Q14 How do I know that my hire period has started?
You can see if the LED has changed to green in line with How to use. You can also access your dashboard in the Log in page and see that the website indicates that your hire has started.
- Q16 As it is free, can I leave my bike there for 2 weeks whilst I go away?
No, as set out in How to use, this facility is designed for short term use only. Those that have not removed their bikes for 72 hours may have them removed by the System Administrator.
- Q17 What happens if I start the process then change my mind after accessing the lock?
Nothing. The process, clearly set out in How to use, is that a customer must access the website before every use. The Clamp-IT process will always respect the registration of the last customer to apply to hire any stand. The system rests itself after 3 minutes if any customer changes their mind.
- Q18 What happens if I cannot release my bike?
You should check that you are using the right identification as set out in How to use. If still unable to release the bike, contact the System Administrator
- Q19 Can I allow my friend to de-hire my bike?
That must be for you to judge. In terms of How to use, we require the same identification to be presented on any de-hire as when the stand was originally hired. Please see Terms and conditions.
- Q20 What do I do if I lock my bike then lose my mobile – how do I release my bike?.
Contact your System Administrator.
- Q21 What do I do if my bike gets stolen?
Contact your System Administrator.
- Q22 How do I know that my hire period has ended?
In line with How to use, your period of hire will end when you instruct the website to end it. You will know that it has ended when you release the chain from the lock and the LED turns once again to blue.
- Q23 What do I do if I wish to report a fault?
Go to the website and navigate to your Dashboard where you can report a fault. Alternatively you can contact your System Administrator.
- Q24 What do I do if the end of my chain is dirty?
Directions for use, as set out in How to use, explicitly requires users to re-hook their chain once any hire is completed. To clean the end of the chain of dirt and mud would be most appreciated. The System Administrator will be happy to know if you find the chain still dangling on the ground on your arrival at the unit.
- Q25 What do I do if my chain appears to be damaged?
Please do not use the lock. Please advise the System Administrator