Secure parking for the cyclist
Terms & Conditions for Hire
Please read these terms carefully before you register with us.
Clamp-IT is a registered trade mark owned by The Yellow Bike Company Ltd.
The Yellow Bike Company Ltd (Yellowbike) is a company registered with company number: 6922927 with its registered office at Highland House, Mayflower Close, Chandler’s Ford, Eastleigh SO53 4AR
Yellowbike hires (free of charge to You) secure Bike Locks for pedal and electric bikes (Clamp-IT Bike Locks). As part of the Clamp-IT registration process, You have been asked to consent that You have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
Some key points for you to note:
A. Words starting with a capital letter have the meanings given in clause 1.
B. Use of a Lock is limited to a period of hire as described within these Terms and Conditions.
C. The contract created by these Terms and Condition will start at the time you accept them on registration on the Clamp-IT app. The contract will end when you give notice to terminate this contract, if such is the case. The contract will continue each time you wish to Hire and Dehire a Lock.
Once a Lock is Hired, it can be Dehired by You at any time without penalty (subject to the maximum Period of Hire referred to in clause 10) below)
However, You shall remain liable for any charges or liabilities incurred payable by You under these terms and conditions and any clauses relating to payments, indemnities and damages shall survive the Dehiring/end of the duration of the contract.
D. Hire Time refers to the maximum period of time the Hirer can hire a Clamp-IT lock and claim from Yellowbike under their theft protection offer set out in clause 6 below
E. Whilst Yellowbike intend for the Locks to be available all year, seven days a week without interruption, the availability of Locks may be affected by events outside of our control and we will not be liable to You if this happens.
F. The ability for You to Hire a Lock will be subject to availability. You will need to use our Clamp-IT app and follow the instructions in order to find and hire a Lock.
G. If you damage a Lock or a Stand then we may charge you for the cost of repair as set out in these terms and conditions.
H. Whilst no charge is made to You for the Hire of a Lock, You may be liable for other costs and charges etc under terms of this contract. in the event of damage – please make sure that you read and understand clauses 17), 26), 27), 28) and 29) of these terms and conditions.
1. In these terms and conditions the following definitions and rules of interpretation apply:
Bike: a pedal or electric bicycle
Community Administrator: the person or persons nominated from time to time by the owner of the Stand for the purpose of representing the owner’s interests.
Dehire: the unLocking of the shutter on a Lock in accordance with the instructions relating to the Lock (and ‘Dehired’ and ‘Dehiring’ shall be interpreted accordingly).
Hired: the Locking of the shutter on a Lock in accordance with the instructions relating to the Lock (and ‘Hire’ and ‘Hiring’ shall be interpreted accordingly).
Period of Hire: the period from the time that the Lock is Hired until the time that it is Dehired.
Theft Protection Offer: the offer set out in Clause 6 below
Stand: a stand to which a Lock is attached.
Lock: a ‘Clamp-IT’ Lock to which Your Bike is secured
You: the hirer who has registered on the Website and in doing so has accepted these terms and conditions (and the word Your shall be interpreted accordingly).
- Yellowbike may terminate this agreement at any time upon notice by email to You.
- You may terminate this agreement at any time before Hiring a Lock by email to Yellowbike
- Notwithstanding termination, You shall remain liable for any charges or liabilities incurred payable by You under these terms and conditions and this clause and any clauses relating to payments, indemnities and damages shall survive termination.
AVAILABILITY OF UNITS
- Yellowbike do not guarantee that a Lock will be available for Hire at the time(s) required by You. It is Your responsibility to use the Clamp-IT app to identify an available Lock. Yellowbike shall not be liable for any losses in the event that a Lock is or becomes unavailable for any reason before You are able to Hire it.
STOLEN BIKES AND THEFT PROTECTION OFFER
- Subject to You having complied with clause 15, in the event that Your Bike is stolen as a result of the malicious or unintended opening or breaking of that Lock by force, Yellowbike will pay You the lesser of the following:-
a) The base cost of Your Bike that has been stolen excluding tax and accessories up to a maximum of £200; or
b) any insurance deductible paid by You up to a maximum of £200
PROVIDED THAT Yellowbike shall only make any payment to You under this clause if:
i) the Bike in respect of which a claim is made was stolen less than 12 hours after the Lock was Locked; and
ii) the Bike is stolen as a result of any defects of the Lock.
iii) You notify Yellowbike of the theft within 3 days of the theft occurring and provides Yellowbike with:
(1) Your preferred contact details
(2) the number of the Lock from which the Bike was stolen;
(3) the date of the incident
(4) Details of the Bike, including bicycle type, base cost and serial number;
(5) An itemized copy of the bill of sale; and
(6) An image of the Bike that has been stolen.
iv) in the event of an insurance deductible being claimed, You must provide Yellowbike with confirmation from Your insurance company of the payment made by You
7. Yellowbike accept no responsibility for damage to or loss of parts (such as, but not limited to, saddles etc.) from Bikes.
8. Yellowbike accept no responsibility for anything that is attached to or left with a Bike.
9. You acknowledge that Yellowbike do not own the Stands and accept no responsibility for thefts or losses arising from any defects in or damage to Stands.
REMOVAL OF BIKE
- Clamp-IT locks are provided for short term use. In the event that You do not Dehire a Lock within 72 hours of the Lock being Hired, Yellowbike may demand that You Dehire the Unit by email or text to You using the email address and/or mobile number provided by You when registering on the Clamp-IT app.
- If, within 24 hours of a notification pursuant to Clause 10, You have not Dehired the Lock, Yellowbike may remotely Dehire the Lock and secure the bike elsewhere pending Your collection.
OBLIGATIONS OF YOU
- You shall only use the Clamp-IT Locks for the purpose for which they were designed and in compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You must follow all instructions relating to the use of the Locks which are from time-to-time added to the Clamp-IT app. Yellowbike accept no responsibility in respect of any Bike where You have not complied with this clause.
- Each time a Lock is Hired by You, You have an obligation to advise Yellowbike with new personal information if that which was previously supplied on registration has changed.
- If the Stand is located in a dedicated closed community, You must ensure that You have the permission of the owner of the cycle stand to hire their Locks. Failure to gain such approval will render You unable to use the system and Yellowbike shall not be liable for any losses arising from You failing to obtain the necessary approval.
- Prior to Hiring any Lock, You must undertake a visible check of the Stand to ensure that there are no obvious signs of disrepair. The Hiring of a Lock by You signifies that You have visibly checked the condition of the Lock and the Stand prior to Hiring.
- If at any time during the Hire Period the Stand and/or the Lock ceases to function or appears or is defective or unsafe, You must:
a) immediately Dehire the Lock and
b) notify Yellowbike via email to email@example.com
- You agree to pay all fees or fines incurred during or arising as a result of Your use of the Stand and/or Lock, including but not limited to court costs, administrative costs, fines and Local Authority fees. You are responsible for, and agree to pay, Yellowbike’s administrative handling fees which occur as a result of any fines or unanticipated violations.
- You may not re-hire a Lock within 5 minutes of that Lock being de-hired.
- In the event of the theft of a Bike whilst it is Locked on a Lock Hired by You, You must
a) report the theft to Yellowbike within 24 hours of becoming aware that the bicycle has been stolen and
b) report the theft to the police within 48 hours of becoming aware that the bicycle has been stolen.
THIRD PARTY BIKES
- By Hiring a Lock, You assert that You are authorised to do so. Yellowbike will not accept any responsibility if You secure a Bike to a Lock that it is not Yours to secure.
- You may permit a minor for whom You are responsible to Lock a Bike to a Lock, but for the purpose of these terms and conditions You shall always be treated as the party who has Hired the Lock and You shall remain liable for any damage caused to the Stand and/or Lock during the Period of Hire and You shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with these terms and conditions.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Yellowbike harmless from all losses, liabilities and damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses (unless it can be proven that Yellowbike did not fulfil reasonable maintenance procedures for the equipment being used) incurred in any manner by Yellowbike throughout the rental period
- In the event of an accident and/or incident relating to the Stand and/or the Lock You must report the facts to Yellowbike within 24 hours following the occurrence thereof
- You must not operate the Stand and/or Lock nor permit the Stand and/or Lock to be operated whilst the person operating the Stand and/or Lock is unfit to do so through drink, drugs or other prohibited substances.
- You represent that all information provided by You to Yellowbike is accurate and current
- You use the Stand and Lock at Your own risk. You take full responsibility for damages caused by You/Yourself. The user is solely responsible for any liability claims resulting from actions or events occurring during the Hire Period or as a result of Your own acts or omissions.
- You shall pay on demand the amount required to repair any damage caused to a Stand or Lock by You, regardless of whether such damage is caused intentionally or not. If it is not possible to repair any damage, You shall pay on demand the full replacement cost of the Stand and/or Lock (£600 as at April 2023).
- In cases of damage to the Stand or Lock being discovered, the user will be informed by Yellowbike within 7 days of discovery. You shall not be liable for any damage to the Stand and/or Lock where it cannot reasonably be demonstrated that such damage occurred during the Period of Hire.
- You shall indemnity Yellowbike against all costs, losses and damages incurred by Yellowbike as a result of Your breach of these terms and conditions.
- Yellowbike may deal with (including assign) its rights in this agreement as it sees fit.
- You may not and shall not assign any of Your rights under this agreement.
- All disputes must be sent to info@Yellowbike.biz. These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of England.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
- By registering with us you agree that you have reviewed our Privacy Notice and agree that we may process your personal information in accordance with it. In particular you agree that your personal data may be stored on databases outside of the EEA.
- Our Privacy Notice explains how we may process your information.